Jaipur Travel Guide
Location: north of India
Population: 2.32 million
Language: English, Hindi, Rajasthani
Currency: Indian Rupee
Time Zone: UTC + 5:30h
Area Code: 141
How to visit Jaipur? Here are 8 Jaipur travel tips for first-time travelers to help you know some useful information before going.
1. Best Time to Visit Jaipur: October to March
During this time, people can expect pleasant weather with less intense sunlight and cool and dry climate since October to March belong to cool season. The average temperature is between 5-22℃, which means it can be chilly in the morning and evening. So in the daytime, you could wear thin and breathable clothes like shirts and dress. And take some jackets and sweaters in case of cold night.
2. Things to Do & Places to VisitJaipur is a northern city and a jewelry trading center in Jaipur. Known as the Pink City, it is hailed as the "golden Triangle" of Indian tourism along with Delhi and Agra. People can admire cultural ruins and beautiful natural scene.
See more about
3. How to Get to Jaipur – Flight, Train, Rented CarAirplane is the most convenient way to get to Jaipur. The Jaipur airport owns both international and national airlines connecting many cities in the world. Besides, you can travel to Jaipur by trains and rented cars.
Jaipur Travel Guide about Urban Transport
The city is well connected by many bus stations and rail lines. Also, autorickshaw is a popular way to wander around city.
4. Dal Bathi Churma is the must-try food in JaipurIt consists of three different food of Bati, a heated flour ball, a type of sauce ghee and a dessert Churma. It is incomplete without this food in grand occasions.
You can also try Ghevar, a traditional sweet dish in Jaipur and Pyaz ki Kachori, which is a popular deep-fried food in breakfast.
5. Best Restaurants in JaipurLassiwala: 312, MI Road, Jayanti Market, New Colony, JP. It is famous for the authentic lassi.
LMB: johari bazar, Jaipur 302003, India. You can taste thali and kulfi.
Caffé Palladio Jaipur: Kanota Bagh, Narayan Singh Rd, Rambagh, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004. It offers Indian, Italian cusines.
See more about Top 7 Bars and Restaurants in Jaipur
6. Where to Stay in Jaipur – 51% choose the old town of JaipurBecause the transportation is very convenient here and many famous attractions are concentrated in this district. You can choose OYO 1004 Hotel Fly View with address of Plot no-1, Near Terminal 1 Old Airport, Sanganer, Maruti Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302011.
There are 35% people choosing new town of Jaipur because of developed facilities and modern life pace. You can consider Shahpura House with address of D 257 Devi Marg Bani Park.
7. Top Shopping Markets
For shopaholic, this is an important Jaipur travel guide:Johri Bazzar: Queens Rd, Chuwapimpara, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302021
It is famed for beautiful gems and jewelry with exquisite design and shape.
Bapu Bazzar: Jaipur, Rajasthan.
You can buy a variety of beautiful carpets and handicrafts in this place with a cheap price.
See more about Top 10 Things to Buy in Jaipur
8. Many Festivals are Celebrated in Jaipur
There are many important festival celebrated all through the year in Jaipur. For example, Teej, Diwali, Gangaur and Kite Festival. Tourists can rejoice their traditional festivals to understand local culture. One Jaipur travel tip to remember is that respect the local customs when attending these festivals.
See more about 10 Best Jaipur Festivals