How to Visit Agra - 7 Agra Travel Tips for First-time Travelers
Agra Basic Facts
Taj Mahal, Agra
Location: north of India
Population: 1.27 milliom
Language: English, Hindi, Urdu
Currency: Indian Rupee
Time Zone: UTC + 5:30H
Area Code: 562
How to visit Agra? There are 8 Agra travel tips for first-time travelers to know some basic information so they can prepare well.
1. Best Time to Visit Agra: October to MarchAgra is a northern city in India with three seasons of hot, rainy and cool. October to March belongs to cool season with pleasant weather. People can expect mild temperature and sunny days. While in the night it can be a little cold. In December or January, the temperature could even decrease to 2℃(35.6℉). So in the daytime, people can wear some thin clothes like t-shirts and jeans. And prepare some warm clothes like padded jackets or sweaters.
2. Things to Do & Places to VisitAs a popular tourism spot for travelers, Agra has three World Heritage Sites. However, it is a small city so people usually spend one or two days here.
See more about 10 Best Places to Visit in Agra
3. How to Get to Agra: Air, Train
Usually, foreigners prefer to fly to some big and international cities like Mumbai and Delhi, and then take the train to Agra.
See more about Transportation in India
4. Try Petha in AgraIt is type of candy made from winter melon or pumpkin and mixed with various nuts. Petha is a popular street food with a wide variety that adults and children love it.
You can also try Paratha, a classical Mughlai cuisine. It is a flatbread with vegetable stuffing in it.
See more about Top 10 Foods in India
5. Best Restaurants in AgraEl Clasico: Shilpgram Rd, Agra 282001. It is notable for exotic cuisine and healthy diet, suitable for vegetarians.
Dostea Café: Taj Mahal East Gate Road | Near Hotel Oberoi Amar Vilas, Agra 282001. It is famous for Indian food and good café.
Taj Terrace: Hotel taj resorts, near shilpgram, eastern gate of tajmahal, tajganj | Hotel Taj Resorts, Near Shilpgram, Agra 282001. You can taste Indian food and other Asian country’s cuisine.
6. Where to Stay in Agra - 80% people choose hotels near Taj MahalBecause Taj Mahal is a must-see spot in Agra and most of good hotels also are concentrated in this area. You can consider Trident Agra and Jaypee Oalace Hotel; they are all at Fatehabad Road. Kamel Hotel is popular among the tourists, at the south gate of Taj Mahal, Taj Ganj.
7. Top Shopping MarketFor shopaholic, this is an important Agra travel guide:
Sadar Bazaar: Sadar Bazaar, Taj Rd, Agra
You can buy many kinds of leather products and marble handicrafts.
Fabindia: Shop No.2&3, Ram Raghu Arcade, Church Rd, Near Ramnagar Colony, Civil Lines, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002.
This shop contains many Indian chain brands ranging from household products, apparel and skincare products.
See more about Shopping in India – 15 Things to Buy