Thank you for your interest in our AgateTravel Global Tours. The following Terms and Conditions are in place to protect you and your party member, our distinguished guests, and us, AgateTravel, in booking a tour. Please read them carefully and make sure you fully understand these agreements before you confirm your booking.
Reservation and Payment
- A tour reservation will be confirmed after receiving a thirty percent (30%) of the total payment amount as a deposit. By paying the deposit, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions. A higher amount of down payment will be required if necessary to ensure your reservation during the tourist peak season.
- The remaining balance is required at least 60 days ahead of tour departure date.
- Methods of payments: We mainly accept paymant by Wire/Bank Transfer, Western Union and Credit Card. Any handling charge associated with the payment is your responsibility. Besides, WeChat and AliPay can also be accepted if you use them.
Cancellation and Refund
- The reservation deposit is non-refundable.
- Except for the deposit, the following cancellation charge will be applied to the remaining tour cost:
b. 44 and 30 days prior to departure: 30% will be charged.
c. 29 and 15 days prior to departure: 70% will be charged.
d. Within 14 days or no show: 100% will be charged.
- Your cancellation request should be sent to us via email. We will calculate the refund from the day we receive your written cancellation request and process the refund to you within 20 working days.
Alteration of the Itinerary
- There is no extra service charge for any alterations made prior to the tour. However, you will be responsible for any possible additional cost caused by reservation changes.
- After the tour starts, any extra expenses caused by clients’ own alterations will be added. Any unused portion is non-refundable nor exchangeable.
A private tour is thoroughly customized for you and your family or friends solely according to your own requirements and interests. You will enjoy maximum flexibility within reason to discuss with your guide on your daily departure time, sightseeing time and meal time. If your trip includes a cruise journey, the onshore excursions will be subject to the arrangements of the cruise company.
Small Group Tours
Our small group tour is a way for guests to travel inexpensively while enjoying an exceeding experience. Our groups provide travelers a perfect combination of intimacy flexibility and best value. We guarantee departures with a minimum of 2 travelers.
Passports and Visa
- Please make sure your passport is valid (with at least 6 months validity) before the start of your tour.
- You are advised to verify and defer to the visa policy of the countries you are going to visit.
- Please inform us if you have food allergies of any type.
- Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free meals can be arranged. If you are a vegetarian, please confirm if you eat egg, cheese, yoghurt, fish.
- Tell us your food dislikes eg no peppers/onions/ mushrooms/coriander or no pork/chicken/fish/lamb/beef or other foods.
- It’s highly recommended to purchase travel insurance before your trip in order to minimize any unexpected losses and damages.
- Please be sure to check carefully your flight tickets so as to fully understand the rules and policies of the airline companies.
- When checking in at the hotels, guests are expected to provide a valid credit card authorization to guarantee any possible personal consumption (e.g. laundry) during your stay.
- As a tour operator, we are dedicated to designing, promoting and selling our tour products that cover certain travel services, including guide and driver service, land transportation, air transportation, cruise, excursions and accommodation that are reserved from different suppliers. The suppliers are just independent contractors of our tour products, neither travel agents nor our employees.
- Although we will assist with booking air and/or cruise transportation for you, we act as your agent, not as an agent of the airline and/ or cruise company. However, we will be responsible for chasing compensation on behalf of you in case of any neglected acts of them.
- We reserve the right to adjust the scheduled trains or flights we have arranged for you and we will make sure your trip will be smoothly carried out unless the trains or flights were cancelled or chartered.
- After receiving your full payment of the tour, we will take all benefits and all losses for the price changes due to any fluctuations, such as air fares, cruise fares, exchange rates, taxes, or fuel surcharges. While before we receive your reservation deposit, we reserve the right to recalculate the tour price according to any price changes in airfare, cruise fare, exchange rate, taxes or fuel surcharges etc.
- To help customers have a better understanding on levels of the hotels arranged in our tour itineraries, we dispaly stars to some hotels depending on their accommodation facilities, services and average review scores on platforms. Please be aware that the actual star ranking might be different from that of local regulations, independent third parties or accommodation providers themselves.
- We are not responsible for acts of terrorism, political unrest, war, natural hazards, flights and cruises delay or cancellation.
- We are not responsible for any unauthorized extra services that the guests require directly with the local tour supplier, guide or driver beyond our confirmed itinerary. Guests will take full responsibility for any loss on shopping, extra sightseeing or activity etc., while we will make efforts to help clients out of the trouble.
Complaints and Claims
No matter when and where you are not satisfied with our tour service, please let us know immediately through email, phone, Wechat or your local guide. In this case we can solve the problem as soon as we can. Our team aims to assure you an exhilarating and rewarding travel experience with us. Thank you!