6 Best Beaches in Kerala You Should Take a VisitKerala, God’s Own Country, has beautiful and near perfect beaches that can fill your heart with warmth. The stunning golden beaches in Kerala makes the entire place enchanting. You can either drive-in to the beautiful Muzhappilangad beach, or take a stroll at the Kovalam beach. The state has more than a handful of the beaches that are perfect for the holiday. The entire state is filled with numerous beaches, something to beautiful for most of the tourists. Here are some of the stunning beaches of Kerala worth a visit.
1. Bekal Beach, Kasaragod• Location: Near Bekal Fort, Bekal, Kasaragod district, Kerala
• How to reach: The nearest railway station is at Kasaragod. And, the nearest airport is located Mangalore. The trip from Kasaragod is to Bekal Beach can cost around INR330. Mangalore to Bekal beach distance can be around 87 km (54 mi) and can cost around INR1, 100.
• Activities: The beautiful beach is ideal of Bekal is ideal for scenic view of the fort and soak in beauty of the region.
One of the most beautiful beaches in Kerala, the Bekal Beach is interesting place for vacation. The golden beach and stunning landscape are ideal place for relaxing. While there try to get the glimpse of Theyyam performance or drinking sweet Payasam post dinner – it is simply delightful.
2. Varkala Beach, Varkala• Location: Varkala Town, Trivandrum District, Varkala, Kerala – 695141
• How to reach: The nearest railway station is at Kollam, just 25 km (16 mi) from the Varkala Beach. From the railway station one gets a cab or auto rickshaw from the taxi bay. The charges might range between INR 550 to 670.
• Activities: One of the perfect destinations for a honeymoon, at the Varkala Beach is ideal for romantic strolls and couples massage. You can go for snorkeling, swimming at the beach and so much.
One of the most popular seasonal beaches in Kerala, the Varkala Beach is perfect combination of landscape, nature, sand and sun. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, the entire place is worthy for a relaxing holiday. Varkala Beach has been associated with popular urban legends stating that the bathing at the shore could wash off sins.
3. Kozhikode Beach, Kozhikode• Location: Close to Kozhikode Railway Station, Kozhikode, Kerala
• How to reach: The nearest railway station to the beach is Kozhikode Main. Just 9 km (5.6 mi) off the beach, one can hire a cab or auto-rickshaw to reach the venue. The fare can cost around INR220. Nearest bus stop of the Kozhikode bus stand. Kozhikode International Airport is the nearest airport to the beach. Just 31 km off the beach, one can take a taxi. The fare can range around INR 750 to 800.
• Activities: Apart from sightseeing, one can go for swimming at the beach or go for snorkeling. You can go for Marine Aquarium for some adventure.
Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, is one of the most beautiful cities of Kerala has an ancient connection to the ancient past. The stunning tree-lined Mananchira Square and other beautiful landmarks of the city makes it utterly beautiful. One of the biggest attractions of the city, the Kozhikode Beach is ideal place to relax after a hectic touring schedule. Just walk over to the Dolphin Point to observe the beautiful dolphins.
4. Neendakara Beach, Kollam• Location: Neendakara village, Kollam district, Kerala 691582 (See also 10 Most Beautiful Villages in Kerala)
• How to reach: The Kollam Junction is the nearest railway station to the Neendakara Beach. Just 11 km (7 mi) from the beach, one can take an auto rickshaw or cab to reach the venue. The fare can range from INR300 to 350.
• Activities: One can try the usual beach activities like swimming, snorkeling, or strolling at the sea shore. Apart from that one can go for sightseeing and explore the Janardhana Swami temple, and Kappil Lake. Ideally, beautiful beaches in Kerala are truly extraordinary.
Neendakara Beach, Kollam
5. Alappuzha Beach, Alappuzha• Location: Beach Rd, Alleppey, Alappuzha Kerala 688012
• How to reach: Alappuzha bus stand is the nearest bus stop to the beach. The bus fare could range around INR140 to INR180. The Alappuzha Railway Station is the nearest railway station to the beach. Fare to the beach could range close to INR550.
• Activities: The beautiful backwaters are very close to Alappuzha, and worth a visit. Apart from that, surfing or swimming, water sport, and parasailing – one can go out for dining at the local eateries for an experience of the local culture.
Kovalam, South Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695527
• How to reach: The nearest bus stop to the beach is Kovalam bus stand. Being 4 km (2.5 mi) away from the beach, one can board the auto rickshaw to reach the destination. The fare can range around INR220 to 260.
• Activities: One of the beautiful beaches in Kerala the place is ideal for sunbathing. Sightseeing is also an option. Trying the watersports or snorkeling is also recommended. Visitors can go for ayurvedic massages and therapies for great health.
Kovalam Beach, Thiruvananthapuram