Seven Brilliant Attractions in the Kovalam BeachThe famous proverb ‘sky above, sand below, peace within’ perfectly describes the state of an individual when they visit a beach. The sea breeze of Kovalam Beach is magical to put the busy and disturbed mind at ease.
Locations: Kovalam Beach, Kerala
Famous for: Beaches, rock-cut temples, fishing harbors, etc
Things to buy: Jewelry, shells, spices, handicrafts, handlooms, and books, and more
Best time to Visit: November - February, Winter season; March - May, Beginning of summer season
Incredible View of Kovalam Beach
Mesmerizing Kovalam Beach
If you wanted to plan an incredible beach tour and couldn’t settle on one, then Kovalam Beach will not disappoint you. This place is a famous tourist destination, especially in the summer and winter months. It serves a perfect climate in these seasons and it depends on which part of the world you are traveling to enjoy the sandy beaches.
The beauty of sunny beaches in summer and the pleasant breeze in the winter months are the reason this place is packed throughout the year. It is an internationally acclaimed location and it attracts numerous tourists every year from around the world. If you are wondering about the specialty and attractions of Kovalam Beach, then you will love scrolling through this section. Kovalam offers everything, from backwaters to brilliant beaches, Ayurvedic massages, beach cafes, shacks, resorts, hotels, kid’s friendly locations, and all the things required to make you feel at home. Here are a few attractions you will love to explore:
1. Lighthouse BeachThe soul of this beach is the 35 meters tall lighthouse called the Vizhinjam Lighthouse. Imagine what the beach would look like from the top of the tower. It’s a must for tourists to reach the top of the tower to get a picturesque click of the entire beach and beyond. It is also considered one of the brilliant places to enjoy the water activities of the beach. The accommodations are affordable and you will be able to enjoy some lip-smacking seafood on this side of the Kovalam Beach.
2. Hawa BeachJump, run, walk or capture the beauty of Hawa Beach, also known as the eve’s beach. It was also one of the first topless beaches in India; however, bathing topless is banned now. This place has an incredible sunset view. People love to spend time under the moonlight watching the flickering reflection of the moon over the waves.
3. Enjoy the Water sports in KovalamVisiting a beach and not enjoying some of the water sports sounds like a crime. You must try some of the incredible parasailing, snorkeling, backwater cruise, and windsurfing. People who enjoy adventure sports will love to take pleasure in these racy activities in the Kovalam Beaches.
4. Halcyon CastleThis castle is specially built for Maharani Sethu Lakshmi Bai’s royal family. The castle spread in a fairly large area and it will be a visual treat to look at the lawn and other architecture of the place. The castle has an expansion and it serves as a famous attraction in Kovalam Beach. Now, this castle is open to the public as a 5-star hotel. So you can also enjoy a royal stay if you are planning for one.
5. SurfingIf you thought India lacks surfing spots, then here is one to get you started. Now surfing enthusiasts can take a sigh of relief because the surfing federation hosts some of the exciting surfing competitions every year around October. You can have the time of your life on the surfing beaches of Kovalam.
6. Kovalam Art GalleryYou must have heard how one single destination can offer numerous attractions, Kovalam is one of them. Art lovers will be delighted to visit the Kovalam Art Gallery, it displays some of the famous intricate paintings, artifacts, and other items for the visitors. This place is perfect to take your kids for an excursion because it also serves as a hub of knowledge about art and culture. You will explore the trending pieces of art by famous and fresh artists from this side of the globe.
7. Valiyathura PierThe reason why the Valiyathura Pier is mentioned at the end of the list is that; one should always save the best for the last. This location is undoubtedly picture-perfect. If you have a thing for piers, then you shouldn’t miss this spot. It’s a famous location visited by tourists for its brilliant view. You are suggested to visit the pier during sunset hours to check out the changing color of the sky. It will amaze and astonish you at the same time.
These attractions in the serene beaches of Kovalam will drain all your stress away. If you are taking a holiday to enjoy nature and recharge yourself away from the busy city life, then this beach is perfect for the getaway. Indulge in these brilliant activities and explore the stunning beaches to have a time of your life. Don’t forget to carry your camera to capture the picture-perfect destinations.
How to Reach
By AirThe Trivandrum International Airport is in 15 km (9 mi) distance from Kovalam and it is the nearest airport. You will not face any problems related to transportation by air because the famous Kovalam Beach is well-connected to all the major airports in India. On reaching the airport, you can take any cap to reach Kovalam by road.
By BusThere are many Luxury tourist buses available for Kovalam to Trivandrum routes. City buses can also be a good option to reach Kovalam Beach easily, this route won’t be a problem because the all the major nearby cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Madhurai, and Nagercoil are well-connected to Trivandrum.
By RailwayKovalam is around 15km (9 mi) away from the central railway station of Trivandrum, and it is also the nearest railway station. Once again, the Trivandrum railway station is very well-connected to most of the major cities in India.
Self-driving cars can also be an option after you reach the tourist operational area on any platform or airport. Renting a car will help you experience the scenic beauty along the way.
See also Kerala Transportation