Top 11 Things to Do in Agra at NightWhen you Google the word Agra, the search shows images and details of the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. The internet is filled with pictures of this monumental structure with feedback from people to surely visit the place. But hold on... it's not the only place you should visit. Agra, the fourth most populous city of the Indian state Uttar Pradesh, famous for its cultural sentient and diverse ethnicity, situated on the banks of the river Yamuna, is a flawless beauty that entails the attention of travellers from all around the world.
Check out these 11 delightful things to do in Agra at night that will redefine your view about the city:
1. Visit the Taj Mahal
Visit the Night View of Taj Mahal
This scenic beauty has been the most visited places in Agra for the past many years.
As the sun sets and night sets in, the Taj Mahal lights up and spreads its beauty. The timings for visiting the Taj Mahal at night is between 8:30 pm to 12:30 am. This viewing is for about half an hour and takes place in 8 groups of about 50 people. You should reach the Shilpagram complex half an hour before the scheduled time for the visit. It is a sight worth capturing and definitely one of the best things to do in Agra at night.
2. Watch the musical drama, Mohabbat-the-TajLearning about the history of the Taj Mahal is also one of the interesting things to do in Agra at night. This musical drama is called the Mohabbat-the-Taj, with a series of plays portrays the love between Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal and provides a theatrical experience that includes singing and dancing. This play is staged every day starting from 6:30 pm (local time) at the Kalakriti Convention Centre, Agra. The headphone translations are also provided for the audience seated in the Gold and Platinum seats, who do not understand Hindi.
3. Agra Fort at nightThe Agra Fort, a masterpiece of design and construction, was built by a Mughal emperor in 1565 A.D. The fort is spread across a wide area and includes heritage buildings such as the Moti Masjid, Diwan-i-Khas, Diwan-i-Aam and Musamman Burj where Shah Jahan died during imprisonment. The historical importance of the fort and the dynamic view of the fort at night makes it one of the top things to do in Agra at night. UNESCO has named it a World Heritage site. At night, the fort shines like a gold-plated building illuminating the rich cultural heritage of India.
4. Watch the light and sound show at the Taj Mahal and Agra FortThe light and sound show has become quite popular among the people visiting the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. This wonderful show is organized by the tourism board of Uttar Pradesh which has done a good job of wooing its guests. This show starts at around 7:30 pm every evening. You can buy tickets on the spot and for the moonlight view, the moonlight tickets are to be bought 24 hours prior to the night visit.
5. Shopping in Kinari Bazaar
Shopping in the Local Bazaar at Night
6. Stop at the Sheroes’ HangoutThis place is one of the must-visit places in Agra at night. This cafe is a kind of community hub that is inspired and run by women. Located at Fatehabad Road, opposite the Gateway Hotel in Tajganj, it is an exquisitely decorated cafe run by the acid-attack survivors, with eye-catching modern paintings and a collection of books for the customers to read while enjoying the delicious food.
7. Enjoy the delicacies in EsphahanThe Esphahan, located in The Oberoi Amarvilas, near Fatehabad Road, is one of the finest restaurants in Agra to dine and enjoy the Indian food at its best quality. At night, this restaurant looks like a palace with an engaging ambience as soon as you enter. This fine dining place offers an exquisite menu for customers with Mughalai specialities. To enjoy an evening at this place, you need to book ahead of your visit.
8. Thor the Party WorldFor all the party lovers and nightclub creepers, this nightclub in Agra has some of the best parties. When you enter inside, the trippy designs on the walls, surrounding bright colors, loud and good quality sound systems make it more happening and lively. This club has karaoke nights, Halloween nights and other themed parties which makes it more attractive to visit. They also have pool tables and a gaming area with a wide variety of food and drinks. So visit this nightclub in Agra and let all the stress out!
9. Visit the Colorbar
The next place to visit is Colorbar, located in Radisson Blu, Tajganj,
Agra. Paying a visit here is also one must thing to do in Agra at night.
This place has the best live music arena and shines bright with all the
colored lights during the evening. This place has one of the best views
in Agra and has a decent ambience for the crowd to enjoy. The chairs
and bottles come in different colors, the place has a live barbeque and
an amazing poolside.
10. Visit the resto-lounge, MaikhanaFor all those who appreciate the exotic and lavish cocktails, mocktails, sparkling wines, whiskeys and other types of liquor, Maikhana is the palace to go to. This fine-dining resto-lounge in the ITC Mughal mainly attracts the young crowd with its sophisticated and vintage vibes that appeal to them. The classy decor with soft lighting makes it one of the best places to go in Agra at night. The nightlife in Agra becomes more happening and relishing when you visit such glamorous places.
11. Go on a gastronomic tour in the streets of AgraNo trip is fully complete until you savor the taste of the famous street food in the city or place you’re in. The streets of Agra showcase a treat for the eyes as well as for the appetite. At night, the streets are filled with stalls on both sides of the road. The Petha from Panchi Petha at the Hari Parwat Crossing, the Paranthas from Ram Babu parantha Bhandar in Gopal Bazar, Chicken Kebab Wraps of Mama Chicken Mama Franky in Sadar Bazar, Gol-Gappa and Chaat of the Agra Chat House in Sadar Bazaar and Bedai and Jalebi of Deviram Sweets in Pratap Pura are among the quite famous street food places in Agra.
The nightlife of Agra is sometimes underrated but with the sunset, the life in Agra takes an unusual and different turn. From the 17th-century city ruled by the Mughals to the exotic cocktails, pubs and the mouth-watering delicacies, Agra turns into a new city that raises curiosity amongst everyone visiting the place.