The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in CambodiaCambodia is one of the most visited South East Asian countries that have emerged as an economic centre and tourist spot for the people residing here. The varied topography of this typical tropical area houses some of the best beach destinations, temples, historical monuments, and delta regions that can satisfy the adventure-seeking souls completely.
The most popular places to visit in Cambodia are listed below and must be included in your bucket list of places to visit in Cambodia list as well.
1. Angkor Wat
Famous for its stone carved temples and sprawling compound, Angkor Wat is one of the most visited places in Cambodia and one of the sites that cannot be ignored while making the list of best places to visit in Cambodia. Built during the medieval period under the patronage of the erstwhile rulers, Angkor Wat is an assembly of temples that has earned respect for its magnificent architecture.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Majestic architecture, remnants of history, and the dramatic location
• Other attractions: Ta Prohm, Bayon Temple, Angkor Thom, Preah Khan
• Special tips: Keep at least three days in hand to explore the place completely
2. Phnom Penh
Busy and bustling, Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia. If you are making the list of the best places to visit in Cambodia, Phnom Penh makes a compulsory appearance. Being the capital city, this place boasts a cosmopolitan culture which suits every variety of travelers.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: The bustling streets, the enchanting city life, the relics of history
• Other attractions: National Museum, Royal Palace, Tuol Sleng Museum, etc.
• Special tips: Keep an umbrella and a pair of shades to beat the heat while exploring the city
3. Sihanoukville Beaches
Sihanoukville is a perfect blend of the serene seashore and a bustling central district. It is located in Kompong Som province. If you are a beach person, this place must be on your list of places to visit in Cambodia.
• Things to look out for: Turquoise blue waters, clean beaches, seashore shops
• Special tips: You can plan an evening party at the backwaters
Read More: 5 Best Beaches in Cambodia
If you are looking for a break from the conventional temple sites of Cambodia, include Ratanakiri in your places to visit in Cambodia list. This away from the city destination allows the sight of a rural landscape with mud-laden roads. You can find some adventure activities here as well.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Red-dirt roads, rustic beauty, the serenity of the place
• Other attractions: Virachey National Park hiking, Yeak Lom Crater Lake, Cha Ong, Ka Tieng, etc.
• Special tips: Indulge in some adventure activities in Ratanakiri
Besides the glory of Angkor Wat, Prasat Preah Vihear is another place to kindle your curiosity for the past. Make sure that you have included this spot in your places to visit in Cambodia list to reveal its surreal surroundings and historic remains.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Ancient architecture, pieces of history, splendid surrounding
• Special recognition: UNESCO world heritage site
• Special tips: Best to be accessed from Sra Em
One of the most popular names in the traveler’s itinerary for places to visit in Cambodia, Battambang is one of the must visit spots. Besides the tranquil village ambiance, this countryside destination in Cambodia offers an eye-soothing view of the rice field, historical monuments and rustic roads.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Rural beauty, sprawling rice fields, neat village landscapes
• Other attractions: Phnom Sampeau, Phnom Banan, Wat Ek Phnom, etc.
• Special tips: Avail the wood carriage trip to a nearby village which is much popular around this place
Are you looking for clean, serene, and less crowded beaches in Cambodia? Koh Rong Samloem is one that can offer you exactly what you need. Unlike Phuket and Koh Samui, this island is visited by fewer people that have helped to maintain its originality. Bask in the sun for long and enjoy a hammock swing here to make the most out of your travel plans.
• Things to look out for: Long beaches, less crowd, more nature
• Other attractions: Hammock-times at the beach
• Special tips: Stay in one of the hut beaches that offer stay over accommodations
Another noteworthy place to visit in Cambodia is Kampot. This lazy riverine town has legacies and fables to tell to its visitors. Through its mystic abandoned churches, houses, and other historical relics, this place can be a perfect fit for those who look for adventure and mysticism.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: A city from the past, serene surroundings, and old and deserted structures
• Other attractions: Bokor Hill Station, Phnom Chhnork, Phnom Sorsia, etc.
• Special tips: Spend some relaxing time enjoying the historic ambiance of the place
Tonle Sap Lake is the largest freshwater lake in South East Asia and makes for a compulsory inclusion in the list of places to visit in Cambodia.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Freshwater lake, source of livelihood of common people
• Other attractions: Kompong Luong, Chong Kneas, etc.
• Special tips: Explore the daily life of the Cambodian people
Kratie is located by the banks of river Mekong and is much-known for its dolphin shows.
Quick facts:• Things to look out for: Mekong river, dolphin watching tour,
• Special tips: Enjoy the rustic ambiance and support the cause of dolphin preservation
Plan a trip to Cambodia and get ready to explore the mystic land.