5 Best Beaches in Cambodia to Enjoy Your VacationsCambodia is one of the most popular tourist destinations these days, where people flock in thousands every year. The primary attraction of this pace is surely the serene beaches that have still managed to stay away from the crowd and maintain virgin beauty. The best beaches in Cambodia are located along the southern coast of the country. You can explore all these beaches to your heart’s content over two week’s holiday. However, here are some of the best beaches in Cambodia that you can plan for.
1. Serendipity BeachSerendipity beach is one of the most popular choices for beach lovers who come to visit Cambodia in search of surreal beach destinations. Among the best beaches in Cambodia, the serendipity beach is surely the one that accounts for a huge crowd every season. The backpackers love this beach owing to its beautiful surroundings, natural beauty and clean blue waters.
You can easily soak under the sun for hours and enjoy your time here. If you are travelling with friends or family, there are plenty of options available here for accommodation. A day or two by the beach would be an excellent plan.
Quick Facts:• Things to carry: Sunscreen lotion with SPF protection, beach towels, bathing suit, etc.
• Where to stay: The beach resorts and private hotels
• Special tips: Enjoy the sunrise that paints the sky scarlet
2. Otres BeachWhen talking about the best beaches in Cambodia, the Otres 2 beach is a must mention. The primary image that comes to mind when thinking of Sivanoukville is that of busy and crowded beaches filled with seashore umbrella shops and thousands of tourists from all over the world. This need not be the only idea of the most popular beaches of the Sihanoukville area.
If serenity and tranquillity are on your mind, Sivanoukville has Otres 2 beach for you that remains free from the buzzing tourist crowd for most of the time. Your idea of a perfect a lonesome beach holiday can be fulfilled here and you will also get some accommodation option to plan a stay-over.
Quick Facts:• Things to carry: Tan protection cream and lotion, towels, swimming trunks, etc.
• Where to stay: Homestays and hotels
• Special tips: Enjoy the sunset
3. Koh RongThere is no way to think of all the beaches to be the same. Though all the beaches are ultimately seashores, nature has designed each uniquely and if you are a beach person, you know how to credit the artistry of nature for beaches. The best beaches in Cambodia list also include the Koh Rong beach which resembles a lot with the shores of Thailand.
The combination of white sand and deep blue water shapes this apparent resemblance up. Take a boat ride from the mainland to reach this beach. Initially, you will start observing lush green surroundings which will eventually merge into the wide landscape of the seashores in Koh Rong beach.
Quick Facts:• Things to carry: Skin cream or lotion with UV protection, bikinis, shades, etc.
• Where to stay: Private resorts
• Special tips: Bask in the sun and enjoy the emerald waters
4. Song Saa Private IslandSong Saa is the Khmer word for sweethearts. This private island is made of two separate beaches. Both the islands share the shores with Silvanoukville and are connected through a small footbridge. This destination is especially popular among the honeymooners who look for serenity and privacy.
You will find enough number of pool villas in one of these islands, and the other is maintained as a nature reserve. The idyllic surrounding of this place makes it one of the best beaches in Cambodia.
Quick Facts:• Things to carry: Hammock, volleyball for beach volley, etc.
• Where to stay: Resorts with private beaches
• Special tips: Spend some lonesome time here
Quick Facts:• Things to carry: Swimming clothes and gears, sunscreen lotion, towels, etc.
• Where to stay: Private hotels
• Special tips: Take a stroll along the beach to admire its natural beauty
Enjoy your holiday at its best by visiting some of the best beaches in Cambodia next season.