Did You Miss These 5 Famous Nepal Tourist Places?Nepal is an amphitheatre of beautiful places – tempting mountains for trek, gorgeous valleys and lakes, interesting culture and tradition, famous religious places and monuments, and a rich variety of flora and fauna amid wildlife. You name it, and you will have it all here in Nepal as per your preferences in the checklist of famous Nepal tourist places.
If you are planning to cover all the famous places of Nepal, trust us, you wouldn’t be able to make it all in one trip. Even with a proper checklist and prior research and planning, with names jotted down as per fame and priority, it is not possible to complete Nepal at one go.So, if it is your first trip to Nepal, and if you thought you did visit to all the popular places, do a crosscheck to see whether or not you could explore these five places as well. Because, chances are high that while on the expedition of dropping by to tourist places, you could have skipped these off-beat yet famous Nepal tourist places.
Take a note.
1. Begnas LakeWhere: Pokhara
Famous for: Freshwater lake with scenic beauty
Duration: 1 hour
Best time to visit: During sunrise and sunset
If you have already visited the famous Nepal tourist place Phewa Tal, the largest lake in Pokhara, you shouldn’t miss checking out Begnas Lake too, the second largest lake in the region. Located in the Kaski district, Begnas is a freshwater lake which is famous for its clean and untouched ambience, as the place isn’t overcrowded with tourists. While many are yet to know, the Begnas Lake is quite a crowd puller especially for its beautiful natural surroundings.
• Take a leisurely stroll near the lake and listen to the exotic birds chirping to enhance the nature more.
• Catch the divine beauty of nature on a clear day at the foothills of the Himalayas reflected on the lake waters, topped with the charm of clouds creating a stunning view.
• Boating is something you would love here especially for its relaxing ambience.
• Do make sure you have your camera handy.
2. Siddha Gufa CavingWhere: Bandipur, Bimalnagar, Tanahu District
Famous for: Largest cave in Nepal
Duration: 2 days
Best time to visit: March-May and September-November
With a stunning and magical effect of light and darkness inside, this famous Nepal tourist place is the largest and most popular caving destination in Nepal. The cave is the second largest in Asia with 437m depth and 50m height. Get prepared to encounter the darkest environment, with bats chattering, mice running around and several other spooky moments. The interiors look spectacular with stalagmites and stalactites which add to the stunning experience inside.Things to do in Siddha Guha:
• Trekking inside the cave is interesting and different from other treks, and it would take more than an hour hike each way if it’s muddy.
• Get ready to explore places that can be crossed using ropes only.
3. Sagarmatha National ParkWhere: Khumbu, Solukhumbu district of Nepal
Famous for: Scenic beauty dominated by Mt Everest; rare species of animals
Duration: 3 hours (or more)
Best time to visit: October-November and March-May
Nestled at around 135km (84mi) from Kathmandu, Sagarmatha National Park, one of famous Nepal tourist places, is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most sacred Himalayan landscapes bestowed with visually pleasing flora and fauna, spectacular landscapes, lively nature, and exotic nature at its best. The national park is a spread of dramatic mountains, glaciers, deep valleys and seven peaks and is the home to several rare species such as the snow leopard and the red panda.
• At an altitude of 2,845-8,848m (9,334-29,029ft), the flora is dominated by rhododendrons, birch, juniper, blue pines, fir and bamboo.
• Be lucky to catch a glimpse of wide range of wildlife including Himalayan Tahr, Musk deer, Ghoral, snow leopards, wolves, lynx, and weasels.
• Flora is all about more than 1,000 rare and exotic bird species including Himalayan monal, Snowcock, Yellow-billed chough, Blood pheasant and Red-billed Chough.
4. Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)Where: Kathmandu
Famous for: Pilgrim centre, panoramic view of the city from the top
Duration: 2-3 hours
Best time to visit: March-May, September-November, preferably early in the morning before 9am
Swayambhunath, another Nepal tourist places nestled in the hillock of north-western Kathmandu Valley, is somewhere you would find peace and solitude, and at the same time would devour into the exotic nature. The temple overlooks most parts of the valley offering mesmerizing panoramic views of the city. The stupa stands as a hallmark of faith and harmony for centuries with a number of Hindu temples and deities placed in the Buddhist site.
• The glory of this destination starts from the structure as well as from the mythology that accounts for the presence of monkeys here.
• The architecture of the temple is worth drooling over, especially the gold plated stupa and the large gate with 12 feet tall Tibetan prayer wheel.
5. Langtang National ParkWhere: Kathmandu
Famous for: Scenic beauty, Himalayan biodiversity, lush flora
Duration: 2-3 hours
Best time to visit: September-October
With trekking trails covering a wide spread of lush greenery, and a variety of species of flora and fauna, Langtang National Park is the fourth national park that was established in 1976. Tucked at 32 km (20mi) to the north of Kathmandu, the National Park shares its borders with Qomolangma National Nature Preserve in Tibet.Things to do in Langtang National Park
• The picturesque park is the home to Gosaikunda Lake nestled at high altitude, which is considered extremely sacred.
• The surrounding is extremely soothing for the senses with dense forests comprising hills, grasslands and clouds hovering over.
There are several other famous Nepal tourist places and you will lose count if you try to incorporate them all in to-visit list. Several of the religious places, monuments, museums, and trekking trails are popularly visited and hardly missed by many. However, in the crowd of those, chances are high to skip visiting the abovementioned five places that are exotic, unique, and worth paying a visit.We repeat, don’t miss these five famous Nepal tourist places.