Best Restaurants in Cairo for an Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOne of the most stunning cities of Middle East, Cairo is the city of dreams. An innovative and ancient city of Egypt, Cairo, is a place where old meets new. Guests can enjoy the breakfasts overlooking the scenic Nile River or enjoy the nightlife of the city. Overall, the city is a stunning eateries and diners offering spectacular experience to tourists.
Best Restaurants in Cairo Suitable for a Romantic Experience
1. The Grill· Address: Cornich El Nile, Semiramis Inter Continental, Cairo Governorate 11511, Egypt
· Phone: +20227988000
· Opening time: 7:00 pm – 12:00 am (Everyday)
· Best known for: Pan fried black salmon with celeriac remoulade, Calamari stuffed with mushroom duxelles and beet vinaigrette
· Avg. Cost: EGP1, 200 for two people
A popular fine dining restaurant located close to the historic Semiramis, The Grill is often the first choice of locals looking out for fine dining restaurant experience. Overlooking the beautiful Nile, the restaurant is known for its interesting French brasserie (brewery) and pan-fried black salmon with celeriac remoulade.
2. Rossini· Address: 66 Omar Ibn El-Khattab, Almazah, Heliopolis, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
· Phone: +201228437342
· Opening time: 1:00 pm – 1:00 am
· Best known for: Seafood and Italian
· Avg. Cost: EGP1, 100 for two people
An Italian restaurant with a panache of elegance, the Rossini Restaurant is class and style molded into one. Founded two decades back, the eatery offers wide range of Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. Guests are expected to wear formal dinner jacket and shoes to enter.
3. Zitouni· Address: 1089 Corniche El Nil, Qasr El Nil, Cairo Governorate 11519, Egypt
· Phone: +20227916877
· Opening time: 6:00 am – 11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 12:00 am (everyday)
· Best known for: Traditional Egyptian Cuisine
· Avg. Cost: EGP1, 500 for two people
The Zitouni, associated with the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo, is one of the best restaurants in Cairo. A favorite among the Egyptian elites, it offers traditional Egyptian cuisines starting from moussaka, cold mezzes, and tabbouleh with a twist. The contemporary setting and wide buffet make this venue a must visit for tourist looking for some exciting dining experience.
Vegan Restaurants in CairoAlthough the locals love grilled meat and non-vegetarian meals, the recent influx of the tourists with special dietary needs has opened up roads to numerous vegan and vegetarian eateries. Here are some of the most popular outdoor eateries that serve vegan menus to the guests.
1. Eish + Malh· Address: 20 Adly, Al Fawalah, Downtown، Cairo Governorate 11121, Egypt
· Phone: +201098744014
· Opening time: 7:00 am – 12:30 am (Everyday)
· Best known for: Pancakes and sorbet
· Avg. Cost: EGP400 to EGP800 for two people
The first name in the list of best restaurants in Cairo in Vegan category is Eish + Mish. Located in the Downtown Cairo, the eatery offers an elaborate breakfast and dinner menu stuffed with vegan delights. The popular breakfast favorite pancakes with syrup or savory French toast are often ordered by the guests during the breakfast hour. Eish+Mish prides itself in using local ingredients procured form farmers and sellers from nearby areas.
2. Abu Tarek· Address: 40 Sharia Champollion (at Maaruf), Cairo, Egypt
· Phone: +20-1099151849
· Opening time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 am
· Best known for: Koshary / kushari
· Avg. Cost: EGP 400 to EGP 800 for two people
The Abu Tarek restaurant serves the high quality and delightful Egyptian fast food at affordable prices. Often dubbed as the best restaurants in Cairo for serving delightful and aromatic Koshary, one of the vegetarian staples of the locals. Made with lentils, chickpeas, tomato sauce, and noodles, at Abu Tarek restaurant is serves the dish with a lime, hot chili sauce, garlic salt and vinegar to enhance the taste.
3. Vegan in Our House· Address: Street 7, Maadi Al Khabiri Ash Sharqeyah, Maadi, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
· Phone: +201001142447
· Opening time: 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
· Best known for: Kofta with melted cheese with grilled potatoes and tahini and Vegan Cupcakes
· Avg. Cost: EGP 600 for two people
One of the recently opened vegan restaurants in the Cairo, Vegan in Our House is dubbed as the hidden gem among the guests. Overlooking the serpentine Nile flowing freely, the eatery offers wide range of options to its guests including starters, mains, and desserts. Courteous staff and friendly ambience make the restaurant worth a visit.
Best Restaurants in Cairo on BudgetThe Egyptian food is delightful, and you do not have to spend a huge amount to sample them. Here are some of the budget eateries offering delightful dishes to guests.
• El Tabei El Domyati· Address: Oraby, Al Azbakeya, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
· Phone: +201023260030
· Opening time: 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm
· Best known for: Ful medames (baked and mashed fava beans)
· Avg. Cost: EGP 5 for two people
The restaurant is one of the most stunning eateries of Cairo, selling some of the stunning most exciting dishes including the Foul. The cooked fava beans, served with tahini and vegetables, is often eaten frequently in the Egyptian household. Average cost of a meal around EGP2.5, and totally worth it.
Some additional budget eateries in Cairoworth it.
• Fish & Chips· Address: 37 Al Bustan StBab Al Louq, Abdeen, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
· Phone: +20 115 071 5825
· Opening time: 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm
· Best known for: Molokhia with Shrimp, and Tehina
· Avg. Cost: EGP 6 for two people
• Koshary El Tahrir· Address: 92 El Tahrir, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
· Phone: +20238502062
· Average cost of meal: EGP 5 to 15 (Based on the plate size)
· Best known for: Koshary
· Avg. Cost: EGP 5.5 for two people