Cambodia Honeymoon GuideTravelling is an unwinding experience altogether, but when it comes to planning for a honeymoon trip, special attention has to be paid. The newlywed couples generally look for places that offer serenity, romantic ambiance and comfort. Though Cambodia is a place stereotypically thought of to be a place of temples, it accommodates the honeymooners with equal warmth.
Planning a Cambodia honeymoon will be all about cherishing every moment after coming back. Here are some places to visit and things to do during your Cambodia honeymoon.
Places to Visit in Cambodia
1. Angkor Wat
There is nothing more perfect than to start the journey of life together, seeking blessings from the almighty. Pay a visit to the world-famous Angkor Wat Temple with your beloved and make your honeymoon in Cambodia incept in a soulful fashion. Spread over 162 hectares area, this place attracts most tourists in Cambodia. Visit the heritage buildings and admire the architectural elegance with your spouse.
• Location: Krong Siem Reap
• Timing: 5:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Entry Fee: INR 2,400
2. Royal Palace
A stroll along the paved ways of the Royal Palace would be the best idea to make your honeymoon in Cambodia special and memorable. The once upon residence of the king, this Royal Palace is a popular choice amongst honeymooners to spend some cosy time together.
• Location: Samdach Sothearos Blvd (3), Phnom Penh
• Timing: 8:00 am to 10:00 am and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
• Entry Fee: INR 650
3. Wat PhnomGet to know the legends associated with Cambodia when travelling on your honeymoon trip. Discover the thrill of the 27-metre tall temple that was built to preserve the Buddhist relics that a woman place here in the 14th century. With its serene surroundings and hilltop location, Wat Phnom is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in Cambodia.
• Location: Phnom Penh
• Timing: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Entry Fee: INR 65
Take a Boat on Tonle Sap Lake
Cambodia is full of nature’s miracles. One of the most noteworthy of those is the annual inflation of the volume of the Mekong River, which also influences the shape and size of this freshwater lake that is largest in South East Asia. Your honeymoon in Cambodia would be incomplete without a visit to Tonle Sap Lake, where you can try some boating as well.
• Location: Lower Mekong Basin
• Timing: No specific timing
• Entry Fee: No entry fee
5. Long Set Beach
Are you looking for a honeymoon destination that will offer you white sand beaches with a serene surrounding? Then, Long Set Beach is the place for you. With little crowd loitering around you, you can spend some quality time with your spouse in Long Set Beach. It is one of the best places to enjoy your Cambodia honeymoon.
• Location: Community Way, Krong Preah Sihanouk
• Timing: No specific timings
• Entry Fee: No fee
Read More: Top 10 Cambodia Tourist Spots
Things to Do in Cambodia
1. Visit Phnom Kulen National ParkSurrender to the wild vibes of nature by planning a visit to the Kulen National Park during your Cambodia Honeymoon. The primary attractions of this forest area are the “Valley of Lingas”, rumbling waterfalls, and an elephant pond.
• Location: Phnom Kulen National Park, Siem Reap Province
• Timing:7:00 am to 7:00 pm
• Entry Fee: INR 1,300
2. Shop for Souvenirs at Local Markets
• What to do: Shop for handicrafts, clothes, jewellery, local art and painting, Buddha miniatures, etc.
• Popular places: Central mall, Russian Market, Old Market, etc.
3. Enjoy the Night Life at SihanoukBesides offering the serene beaches, Sihanouk also offers the best nightlife experience to the honeymooners. The bustling streets illuminated with the neon lights appear to be enchanting during the night. Moreover, the night clubs and the bars keep the ambiance lively throughout the night. Make memories for a lifetime during your Cambodia honeymoon by experiencing the nightlife here.
• What to do: Enjoy the local food, experience the vibrancy
• Popular places: Utopia, Monkey Republic, Jack & Daniels Bar, etc.
4. Cruise Dinner on MekongAdd a dose of romance to your Cambodia honeymoon by planning a cruise dinner on Mekong River. If you are planning to surprise your better half with a romantic evening, this dinner plan will do wonders. The tranquillity that the river offers would be a perfect company for the love soaked hearts.
• Average price: Starts from INR 2,000 for one couple
• Duration: 2 hours
5. Watch an Apsara Dance PerformanceApsara dance is a traditional school of performing art practiced in this area. The elegance, the grandeur, and the artistic presentation of the artists will take your heart away or sure. This performance would remain as an unforgettable experience of your Cambodia honeymoon days.
• What to do: Admire the dress, the traditional form of dancing and the classy ambiance
Read More: Top 10 Things to Do in Cambodia