10 Best Accommodations in MumbaiMumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is a city where dreams are realized and extinguished every day. It is an inspiring city that has hypnotized every soul that has travelled to this place. There are many reasons why tourists from all over the world are allured by this beautiful and magical land.
With stylish features, top-range amenities, and world-class facilities, the accommodations in Mumbai are without a doubt, exceptional. Staying in these comfortable and lavish hotels and resorts will surely exceed your expectations and the affordable rates are a cherry on top of the cake!
Hotel Lobby, Mumbai
1. The Taj Mahal PalaceMumbai’s most iconic hotel, The Taj Mahal Palace, is an old-fashioned grandeur that has hosted a number of presidents and royalties in the past many years and is definitely the best accommodation choice in Mumbai. The sweeping arches, staircases, domes and an attractive garden and pool ensure a perfect stay for the tourists. A myriad of eating and drinking options, the hotel also provides spa and leisure facilities to its guests.
This hotel is one of the architectural landmarks of Mumbai that stands across the Gateway of India. Stretched out over 2.6 acres, this luxurious hotel boasts of 10 famous restaurants where the guests are spoiled with a variety of dining options such as Wasabi by Morimoto, Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant. The rooms here come with a 32-inch flat-screen TV, well-stocked minibar, free WiFi and a luxurious bathroom. 24 hours butler service is also received by the guests. Yacht service with an additional cost is also available. The per-night cost of the hotel is between INS 25,000 to INS 28,000.
2. Le Sutra HotelThis hotel is a small boutique hotel constructed and curated by 120 painters, 40 sculptors, and 15 designers. Artists, interior designers, sculptors, and philosophers came together and created this hotel. All the rooms in the hotel have different paintings based on Hindu mythology, which is a recommended accommodation in Mumbai for art lovers. You can choose the room that matches your vibe and once you choose your room, it connects you with every element in the room, on the basis of bedspreads and wall hangings.
This hotel in Bandra offers minibars, flat-screen TVs, free Wif-Fi and tea and coffee making facilities. A breakfast buffet and parking are complementary in the hotel. Other featured amenities include a cafe, a wine cellar, and two restaurants. A book store and an event space are also available in the hotel. A 2500 square foot art gallery is also present. The cost of a stay in this hotel is between INS 9,000 to INS 11,000 per-night.
3. Hotel Marine PlazaLocated in South Mumbai, this hotel is a must stay accommodation in Mumbai for travelers just for the view if nothing else. The hotel overlooks the Arabian Sea on Marine Drive and is a fashionable and luxury accommodation. From the large windows of the rooms, you can see the light set in the morning and the early morning view of the sea will leave you spell-bound.
Most of the bedrooms and suites in the hotel have a view of the Arabian Sea. The rooms provide five-star amenities to comfort and satisfy the guests. The Bayview is a 24-hour restaurant in this hotel that serves meals and tantalizing desserts while the guests enjoy the view of the sea.
Airport transportation, business center with internet access, fitness center, and free parking are some of the facilities offered by the Marine Plaza Hotel. The price of this hotel ranges from INS10,000 to INS 11,000 per night.
4. Abode BombayThis terrific 20-room hotel designed with colonial style, teak flooring, and original artwork, is housed in the heart of a busy Colaba street. It is located behind Regal Cinema and is 2km from the well-known Nariman Point.
The luxury rooms have a free-standing bathtub and the staff caters to all the needs of the travelers. The breakfast here is excellent with a fresh juice and local and international menu. Other facilities include a shared lounge, a tour desk, nightclub, and dry cleaning.
Payment before arrival via bank transfer is required for reserving the hotel room.
5. Hyatt RegencyA sophisticated business hotel, Hyatt Regency is next to Mumbai’s International airport. The spacious rooms, fast free Wi-Fi and a fully equipped business center are some of the facilities provided by the hotel.
The luxury spas, lavish suites and the priority of staying close to the airport are some reasons that make this hotel a great place to stay in. You can experience a contemporary and stylish hotel experience especially people travelling for business purposes. The lowest price for the stay is INS 9000 and the price increases based on the choice of the room.
6. Juhu Residency Boutique HotelThis lovely 18-room boutique hotel housed in a fine location, that is, a five-minute walk from Juhu Beach provides an inviting atmosphere with the aroma of sweet lemonade grass in the lobby. The modish rooms boast marble floors, dark woods, and flat-screen TVs.
There is valet parking, currency exchange counter, and the room includes amenities such as a kettle, hairdryer, shower, desk, private bathroom, and a wardrobe. A buffet breakfast is available every day in the hotel. The price of stay ranges from INS 5000 to INS 7000 per-night.
7. The Leela MumbaiOne of the finest luxury hotels, The Leela Mumbai, is a graceful five-star hotel that is only five minutes from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. Stretched across 11 acres of lush gardens and waterfalls, this hotel is a well-equipped world-class hotel that is quite popular among the tourists.
The greenery-surrounded pool and the various facilities such as lounge, free parking, babysitting, free kids stay and airport transportation makes it a favourable option for staying. The staff here is friendly and helpful.
The price of the hotel ranges from INS 9000 to INS 10,000.
8. The Lalit MumbaiThis hotel welcomes its guests with reassurance, warmth, and hospitality. The Lalit Mumbai is one of the most desired hotels in Mumbai. The hotel has 369 rooms and suites and depending upon the choice of the customers, the price of the room varies. The room features VIP room facilities, minibars, refrigerators, and efficient room service. There are non-smoking rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms and suites available in the hotel.
9. ITC Grand CentralThis central hotel is a perfect blend of south Mumbai architecture and British Raj grandeur. The colonial theme and the old fashioned regale gives it an edge over another hotel in terms of architecture and design.
The rooms here are spacious and provide ample space to relax on the sofa or work at the desks. The amenities in the bathroom include toothbrushes, detergent for washing, pumice stones, and hand-washing items.
There are two high-ended restaurants and a lavish spa in the hotel. The ITC Grand Central is a delightful place to stay and offers a good option for any kind of trip. The price is a little high, almost between INS 16,000 to INS 20,000.
10. JW Marriott JuhuThis 5-star hotel is situated on Juhu Beach and is located in the suburbs of Mumbai in close proximity to the commercial and industrial centers in North Mumbai. It is a perfect choice for a luxury hotel and is equipped with conference centers, award-winning Quan Spa, and houses famous restaurants and lounges.
The rooms are beautiful and have a great view of the Arabian Sea and offer a sensual ambience that disconnects you from the world and takes you to a different land of flawless and outstanding natural beauty. The rooms are affordable with the price ranging from INS 15,000 to INS 17,000.