Ream National Park – Experience the Exotic Nature in CambodiaReam National Park is one such hidden gem of Cambodia which is beyond the expression of words. The National Park is home to many small and large species of which most are on the verge of extinction. Being kept untouched from human civilization, this National Park holds its glory and offers breath-taking beauty of landscapes, beaches, underwater sports, and land attractions such as various species of plants and wildlife exploration.
So if you want to experience a heavenly tour which includes all kind of natural excitement and thrill, Ream National Park Cambodia is the best place you could be.
Tickets & Entry FeeThere is no entrance fee for Ream National Park. You just need to pay $parking fee. You just need to pay for the activities that you take up. For Hikes, you will have to pay $2 - $3 per person for guides. The boat trips cost around $ 6 - 7.
Let’s know the Ream National Park betterThe National Park is spread over 81 miles. The elaborate park gives you the true feeling of a tropical land. The park is situated at the main lands of Cambodia along with surrounding water bodies and 21 islands.
The National park is home to several wild species from small to the beasts. The park itself consists of different eco-systems which makes it a suitable place for such varied species. The National Park is divided by a wide river called PrekTeuk Sap and the landscape of the park also comprises of rivers, estuaries, beaches, coral reefs, forests, rain forests, mangroves, open water, and mountains.
Due to its isolation from mankind, the park comes to tourists today as a protected and fresh dose of nature. You can rarely find human habitats in the park. Only a few people live here who mostly concentrate on fishing and farming as their source of living.
Best time to visit Ream National ParkThe best time to visit this national park is during November to April as it is less humid and also receives less rainfall during this time of the year.
As it is a tropical forest, the temperature remains high throughout the year. The forest is the combination of water bodies, wetlands, mangroves, beaches, coral reef, etc. From the month of May to October the Ream National Park receives maximum rainfall.
How to reach Ream National ParkReam National Park is located about 18 km (11 mi) from the city center of Sihanoukville. The best way to get there is to hire a cab for about 50 USD for a round trip including waiting charges. It takes about 1 hour to reach. You can also reach by renting a motorbike for about 10 USD per day.
Tuk-Tuks are another option, which costs about 30 USD for a round trip. However, this options may not be a convenient one since it will take around one hour, which not be comfortable for you.
Sports at Ream National Park1. Take a tour around the island in a bicycle- There are various day tours available. Choose one which at least last for a couple of hours. You can also go for a full day tour.
2. Trekking at Ream National Park –Trekking is one of the most looked after activities in Ream National Park. Choose a guided trek tour around the island for some real adventure.
3. Visit the beaches at Ream National Park- The national park is house to 21 beaches. Take a tour to the beaches and do your favorite activity there. Transportation to and from the islands are available between 7am to 4 pm every day.
4. Try watersports at Ream National Park-You can choose from various water sports such as snorkeling, kayaking, etc. Also try activities like bird watching and beachcombing.
Things to do in Ream National Park• Spend a relaxing vacation- It is the best getaway for people who want to spend their vacation relaxing at the beach. As the National Park is surrounded by water, no matter you prefer to stay in Island or in the mainland you will be offered a breathtaking view of various beaches of the park which are different from one another.
• Explore the Beautiful beaches- If you are a sports and nature lover, then there are lots you can explore in the park. Enjoy overwhelming landscapes and wetlands, with stunning views, experience the beaches which are way different than one another and also go underwater for exploring the unexpected.
As you choose to hop around beaches, you will get guided tours which will take you to white and yellow sand beaches with pristine clear blue water. However, you can also choose to explore the place alone.
• Go fishing- No matter you be a pro fisherman or a newbie, relaxing at the beach with friends and fishing along is a great experience. You can rent fishing equipment and also book a spot most suitable for fishing.
• A boat ride and underwater fun- You can take a boat ride while you join others for a tour or you can go for a personal tour. The boast ride along the islands is by itself a fulfilling experience. You can also go snorkeling and scuba diving with the help of experts and if you visit sometime between November to March, you can be even lucky to spot Dolphins who swim at a small distance from your boat
Staying at Ream National Park• There are lots of options when it comes to staying in Ream National Park. The best part is your stay here will be of comparatively 4 to 5-star service whereas you have to pay just around $25. You may consider that those rooms with low rent can be a turnoff. But wait, even the best rooms in Ream National Park is within this budget.
• As you visit the park you can choose accommodation types such as regular resort and hotels, guest house, bungalows, and villas, and even you can opt to rent camping equipment if you want to spend a night in the wild under the moon.
• As you decide to stay in the mainland, you will be offered with conventional hotels. As you move towards the islands, you will get many options for private villas, bungalows, and so on.
The food at Ream National ParkWith accommodation sorted, it is time to discuss the food. Your accommodation at the park will offer you food as part of your stay. You can enjoy their amazing set of the banquet as you enjoy the never tasted flavors.
As you indulge in nature at the park, your taste buds will be happy exploring tastes that are an experience of its own.
If you are a party animal and are at the constant search for drinks from around the world, then enjoy a drink at a bar that you can easily locate at the beaches of the National Park. You can groove with the local music while you enjoy your drink. Visiting a bar in the day time is as rewarding as visiting it at night.
Don’t be surprised when the cashier asks for less than $2 for a drink! Yes, it’s that cheap here.
So, if you are in search of a place that fulfills your quest for nature, then Ream National Park, Cambodia is the best match. Book your tour today to enjoy an experience like never before.