10 Best Hotels in Aswan Ranging from Budget to LuxuryHotels in Aswan offer something for all budget types. To make sure you have a good travel experience, here are the some best accommodations in Aswan that will ensure your comfortable stay in this spectacular city.
Luxury Hotels in Aswan
1. Sofitel Legend Old Cataract
Standing on the Nubian desert overlooking the Nile River, in the backdrop of a Victorian façade, the hotel has a quiet regal ambience. The Elephantine Island lies opposite to the hotel. The guest history includes Princess Diana, the Queen of Jordan and names that the hotel has proudly hosted. They have left wonderful reviews that speak of its grandeur and hospitality. This is the hotel where Agatha Christie wrote her famous novel Death on the Nile and her room is still preserved for the visitor’s interest. The interior, with its highly polished marble floors and classic Islamic arches, makes it an ideal seat of luxury. Provided with modern facilities, the hotel is strategically close to prime tourist attractions. Some rooms open to the full scenic view of the flowing Nile, while others look upon the well-manicured garden of the hotel. There is something romantic and exotic about this hotel. If you can afford it, don’t miss an opportunity to stay here. Get booking in advance and feel like the royalty in Aswan.
Price: Approximately US$386-US$147.
Address: Abtal El Tahrir Street, Aswan, 99999
How to reach?
They offer limousine excursions to Abu Simbel and the Philae Temple. Airport transfer is available.
2. Mövenpick Resort Aswan
This is a much-loved hotel on the Elephantine Island. A 5 Star resort that stands amidst a well-maintained garden. The hotel has 230 airconditioned rooms with a vantage balcony view of the Nile, the city, and the desert. The resort was modernized in 2009. Your luxuriously romantic experience starts from the ferry boat journey that connects guests with this island resort. The scenic extravaganza is one that will absorb you and leave you completely fascinated. The boats are of the same style as the ones that sail on the Nile. Eager staffs are waiting to welcome guests and look after their smallest needs. Everything is at a close distance from the hotel. So, once you arrive, leave every other worry to this resort.
Price: Approximately US$198-US$211
Address: Elephantine Island, Aswan
How to reach?
Airport transfer and sightseeing vehicles can be availed from the hotel.
3. Kato Dool Nubian Resort
This a hotel with local Nubian charm, and you will get the pleasure of feeling one with land, in this highly stylish hotel in Aswan. Just 18 km (11miles) away from the Aga Khan Mausoleum, this hotel is strategically located, and most visitors find this hotel to be extremely convenient and a luxurious place to stay. The hotel is well equipped with a lounge and garden. Each air-conditioned room has a wide beautiful terrace. Well served with all modern facilities, this is a favorite location for couples owing to its romantic ambience. All the tourist hotspots can be reached by hotel transportation. This hotel too affords a breathtaking view of the Nile.
Price: Approximately US$202.
Address: Nag` Gharb Siheil, 81511 Aswan, Egypt
How to Reach?
Airport and station transfer are available along with sightseeing.
Middle Range Hotels in Aswan
4. Pyramisa Island Hotel Aswan
This hotel is preferred by guests passing through Aswan. Modern, with well-equipped rooms, offer special amenities for guests like a fitness center, kids club, spa etc. The staff is extremely warm and welcoming. The hotel is strategically located and extremely well-connected to the airport. You can exchange your currency from the front desk.
Price: Starts from US$66 with taxes approximately
Address: Isis Island, Sheyakhah Oula, 99999, Aswan
How to reach?
Avail taxi or the hotel shuttle service.
5. Nubanile Hotel
An extremely well-placed hotel, 2 minutes’ walk from the railway station and the River Nile. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and most guest rooms are air-conditioned. Close to the lively Souqe Street, there is enough to do outside, and when you get tired, drop into your hotel room that has a cable TV connection, Wi-Fi, minibar, and private bathroom. Though simply furnished with tiled floors the place is neat and well kept. The Nuba Nile Aswan’s restaurant is one that you should not miss and will offer guests memorable meals. The coffee corner and live music are much loved by guests. The reception desk is served by a 24-hours staff. The hotel has 52 rooms. All major tourist spots are situated at proximity.
Price: The price of rooms starts from US$19 approximately
Address: 9 Abtal Eltahrir, Atlas Area, Aswan, Egypt
How to reach?
The Hotel offers shuttle facilities to the airport
6. The Keylarney in Aswan
This is a three-star hotel that is well placed in the heart of the city. All the important tourist sites are just 2-3 km away. The rooftop restaurant is the greatest attraction of this hotel. Offering all basic amenities like TV, Wi-Fi and complimentary toiletries and serving 30 rooms, the hotel has designated areas for smoking and offers free parking.
Price is not revealed
Address: Location 25 Keylany Street, Aswan, 81111
How to reach?
Airport and railway shuttle is a paid service.
Budget Hotels in Aswan
7. Hapi HotelThe hotel is located very close to the El-Tabia Mosque. The rooms have basic facilities like T.V. Wi-Fi etc. Some rooms also overlook the Nile River. Rooms have their private bathrooms. The service staff of the hotel is extremely obliging. The breakfast restaurant on the sixth floor is a must-try. The view of the Nile from the restaurant is one that you will never forget. The hotel has a tie-up with many sightseeing private tour companies and you can fix your sightseeing schedule with them. Except for its convenience in location, the amenities are very basic.
Price: Not revealedHow to reach?
The hotel does not provide an airport shuttle.
Taxi from the airport 34EFP and it takes 25 minutes.
8. Meshra KattoThis beachfront guest house is 23km (14. 2 miles) from the Aga Khan Mausoleum. It has a garden, a bar, a private beach and many other facilities and the family rooms are provided with a terrace. The rooms have a beautiful view of the river with a sitting area, a private bath and bidet. The hotel organizes hiking trips and you can also rent a car from here for local sightseeing. The owner makes his guests feel very welcome. He also arranges trips at reasonable prices. The hotel is located on the secluded side of Elephantine Island. The rooftop terrace looks upon the waters of the Nile.
Price: Rooms start from an approximate US$56How to reach?
Airport shuttle and city tour are available.
9. Baker Guest HouseA beachfront location with a garden and a terrace, 23 km (14. 2 meters) from Aga Khan Mausoleum. Well connected to all tourist attractions, you will find free Wi-Fi and a shared kitchen facility here. The units are provided with seating areas, rooms have wardrobes and shared bathrooms. Breakfast is à la carte. Hiking facilities are available for guests. Common tourist interests are quite approachable.
Price is reasonable though it differs from season to season.Airport shuttle is available along with sightseeing.
10. David HostelSituated 21 km (13 mi) from Aga Khan Mausoleum, this hostel is in great demand. Offering tour and Wi-fi facilities, the hostel has shared accommodation, a kitchen, basic room service, shared toilets. Guests can exchange currency here. The breakfast is vegetarian. You can hire a bicycle, bike or a car from this place for going around the important sites.
Price: The hostel usually charges US$29 approximately.season.How to reach?
Minibus from the airport.
There are scores of hotels in Aswan and this is just a list of the select a few. Once you arrive in the main city, you can look out for yourself or you can do an online search before arriving. Keep safe and have a great trip.
You May Like:
5 Most Popular Restaurants in Aswan