Things to Know about Vietnam Train Tickets Booking
There are mainly three ways for Vietnam train tickets booking:
1. Book on Vietnam Railway Official Website dsvn.vnThe official site offers accurate train schedule and online booking service. Tickets can be booked on this website 60 days before the travelling date. You can choose trains and seats/berth online, and make payment by credit card. However, for non- Vietnamese, you may meet two problems. One is language barrier, since the English edition of this website is only partly translated, so you may not fully understand all the details. The other is about payment, only credit cards issued by Vietnam banks are accepted for online payment, so you may need to find a local friend to pay for you. In a word, failure rate of booking on official website is higher for foreign tourists.
2. Book through an Online Agency like Us - AgateTravel.comVietnam train tickets booking online agency is a good choice for non-Vietnamese speakers, there will be no language barrier or credit card limitation. As a highly-reputed travel website running for more than 20 years, we could offer you reliable booking service in English and many other convenience.
No Time Limitation
Vietnam train tickets will be released to sell about 60 days in advance but you can place an order on our website as soon as your travel plan is confirmed. If your trip is during travel peak time, tickets will be under great demands. We will take care of it and book tickets as soon as they are released.
Easy Booking Procedure
Step 1: Select departure & arrival station, travel date.
Step 2: Choose your preferred train and seat class.
Step 3: Fill the booking form, including passengers’ and contact persons’ information
Step 4: Pay online with your credit card, PayPal, West Union, AliPay or WeChat.
Step 5: Receive E-ticket via email and ready to travel.
Reasonable and Clear Charge
We only charge USD5.49 per ticket as Service fee, no hidden charge.
One-to one English-speaking Consultant
Our well-trained and experienced operators are always available. You could find your personal booking consultant whenever you need help or information.
3. Vietnam Train Tickets Booking at Railway Station - Language BarrierYou can also buy paper tickets at railway station’s ticket window upon your arrival in Vietnam. However, there are few English signs at the stations and most staffs are not able to communicate in English. Passports and cash should be prepared in advance. If you cannot read Vietnamese, we suggest you write a note in advance. What’s more, your preferred tickets and seats may be unavailable when you arrive in Vietnam, especially during festivals and tourist season.
Quick Guide on How to Take Vietnam Train
Saigon Railway Station
1. Get your E-ticket or paper ticket in advance.
2. Arrive at the train station at least 1 hour before the departure time.
3. Show your E-ticket or paper ticket to railway staff to check in.
4. Wait for your train at Waiting Hall.
5. Find your carriage No. and show your ticket to the staff and then board on the train.
6. Find your seat and put your luggage well under the lower bunk or on the luggage rack.
7. Keep the ticket safe as it may be checked by train staff during the trip.